The University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities.
The scholarship program aims to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders in their school. Special emphasis is placed on the student’s impact on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
These scholarships are awarded annually to honor outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying in Canadian high schools.
Table of Contents
- Host: University of Toronto
- Study Abroad: Study in Canada
- Category: Secondary School Scholarships | Undergraduate Scholarships |
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship with Allowances
- Deadline: November 30, 2021
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
This is the most popular and competitive U of T scholarship for international students. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full support for four-year residency.
The scholarship is only available at the University of Toronto for undergraduate programs. Each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2020
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2021 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2021 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and progress to undergraduate study at the University of Toronto. Ask a school counselor about your candidacy. Once you have been nominated and submitted to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personal and secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Application.
Pearson Scholars are students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and creativity, are accepted as leaders in their school, and have the potential to contribute to the global community of the future. They can be distinguished from other students who may have the same high academic results because of their breadth of interest, intellectual energy, and impact on the life of their school and community.
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2021
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 15, 2021 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2021 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 17, 2022
Method of Application
To apply, you will need:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.